We believe your business is no one else's. Your privacy is important to you and to us. So we'll protect the information you share with us. To protect your privacy, Class on Demand follows different principles in accordance with worldwide practices for customer privacy and data protection.
- We won't sell or give away your name, mail address, phone number, email address or any other information to anyone.
- We'll use state-of-the-art security measures to protect your information from unauthorized users.
You can browse our site without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. Once you give us your personal information, you are not anonymous to us. If you choose to provide us with personal information, you consent to the transfer and storage of that information on our servers located in the United States.
We may collect and store the following personal information:
- email address, physical contact information
- transactional information based on your activities on the sites (such as title viewing, purchases, wish list activity)
- community discussions, chats, dispute resolution, correspondence through our sites, and correspondence sent to us
- other information from your interaction with our sites, services, content and advertising, including computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, ad data, IP address and standard web log information
- information from other companies, such as demographic and navigation data
We will ask you when we need information that personally identifies you (personal information) or allows us to contact you. Generally, this information is requested when you create an account on the site make a purchase to view a title, subscribe to a newsletter or join a social network. We use your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- Provide the services and customer support you request
- Resolve disputes and troubleshoot problems
- Prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities
- Customize, measure and improve our services, content and advertising
- Tell you about our services, targeted marketing, service updates, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences
- Compare information for accuracy, and verify it with third parties
If you choose not to register or provide personal information, you can still have limited access to content through studiobacklot.tv. But you will not be able to access areas that require registration.
If you decide to register, you will be able to select the kinds of information you want to receive from us by subscribing to various services. If you do not want us to communicate with you about other offers regarding Class on Demand's products, programs, events, or services by email, postal mail, or telephone, you may select the option stating that you do not wish to receive marketing messages from Class on Demand.
Class on Demand has taken strong measures to protect the security of your personal information and to ensure that your choices for its intended use are honored. We take strong precautions to protect your data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration, or destruction.
Class on Demand strictly protects the security of your personal information and honors your choices for its intended use. We carefully protect your data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration, or destruction.
Your personal information is never shared outside the company without your permission, except under conditions explained above. Inside the company, data is stored in password-controlled servers with limited access. Your information may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country where Class on Demand, its subsidiaries, affiliates or agents are located.
You also have a significant role in protecting your information. No one can see or edit your personal in-formation without knowing your user name and password, so do not share these with others.
As mentioned above, every registered customer has a unique personal profile. Each profile is assigned a unique personal identification number, which helps us ensure that only you can access your profile.
We use "cookies" (small files placed on your hard drive) on certain of our pages to help analyze our web page flow; customize our services, content and advertising; measure promotional effectiveness, and promote trust and safety. A few important things you should know about cookies are that:
- Most cookies are "session cookies", meaning that they are automatically deleted from your hard drive at the end of a session.
- You are always free to decline our cookies if your browser permits, although doing so may interfere with your use of some of our sites or services.
- You may encounter cookies from third parties on certain pages of the sites that we do not control. (For example, if you view a web page created by another user, there may be a cookie placed by that web page.)
No Spam, Spyware or Spoofing
We and our users do not tolerate spam. Make sure to set your Class on Demand notification preferences so we communicate to you as you prefer. You are not licensed to add other Class on Demand users to your mailing list (email or physical mail) without their express consent. To report Class on Demand-related spam or spoof emails to Class on Demand, please forward the email to email@example.com. You may not use our communication tools to send spam or otherwise send content that would violate our User Agreement. We automatically scan and may manually filter messages to check for spam, viruses, phishing attacks and other malicious activity or illegal or prohibited content, but we do not permanently store messages sent through these tools. We do not rent or sell these email addresses.
What we do with the information you share
When you join us, you provide us with your contact information, including your name and email address. We use this information to send you updates about your use of the Studio Backlot website, questionnaires to measure your satisfaction with our service and announcements about new and exciting services that we offer.
We occasionally hire other companies to provide limited services on our behalf, including content filtering, website design, answering customer questions about products or services, sending postal mail and processing event registration. We will only provide those companies the information they need to deliver the service, and they are prohibited from using that information for any other purpose.
Class on Demand will disclose your personal information, without notice, only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on classondemand.com; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of Class on Demand and its family of websites, and, (c) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of Class on Demand, its websites, or the public.